bookfever

Bookfever

Demons in the Big Easy: A novella

Demons in the Big Easy - Jamie Marchant Copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Demons in the Big Easy by Jamie Marchant was quite the delightful read. Fast and easy to read but also very well written it captured my attention right away with the idea of the magical Domhan and the demons that threaten the people there.

In my opinion this book could easily be turned into a full novel. Sure, it needs some work on the characters. I would like to know more about them and their back stories. Also I'd like to know more about the demons. Always interesting to read about.

As for the characters, yes, they need some more character building but since this was a short story there isn't much time for it. Other than that I think Jamie Marchant did a pretty good job of this story.
I really liked Cassandra. Even though she's quite old, she's very strong and would do everything to save her granddauchters. I felt so bad for her at the ending with what happened to her son. Poor woman.
My favorite character, though, was Jake. A homeless guy has got to be one of the most surprising characters I've read about in a while. I really like that there was a love connection with Caronwyn.

So overall this was a very likable and most importantly quick book. It has its flaws but the good writing, original plot and of course let's not forget the setting in New Orleans make up for it. Very nicely done!