bookfever

Bookfever

Everneath 1

Everneath 1 - Brodi' 'Ashton LOVED IT!
I know there are a few more out there, but this is the first book I've read based on mythology. Which is kinda odd because I really love mythology. I got Everneath because I knew it was based on the myth of Persephone and Hades, which is my favorite story.
To be honest I didn't expect the book to turn out like this. It was way better than I thought it would be. I liked how we also got to know the events of the last year that led up to Nikki going to the Everneath with Cole. And every chapter counted down to when she needs to go back, which brings some extra suspense. Time ticking away for Nikki.
Nikki, Jack and Cole were the most important characters. I liked them. At first I wasn't particulary fond of Jack but that changed quickly. He's so protective about Nikki that you can't help but love him. But I do like Cole more. I'm one of the few who do. I always like the bad ones. But I don't believe he's really bad! Nikki was at first a little emotionless and closed up because she just got back from the Everneath but as time passed that went away. I can't really say anything about the other less important characters because they didn't stand out to me. I do like how Jack's brother, Will, helped Jack and Nikki at the end.
The book had a kind of dark atmosphere (duh Everneath, underworld and all that.) and I really like that. The ending was heartbreaking to me. I was almost crying. But I liked how they figured a lot out at the end and then of course... cliffhanger. What other would I expect? *sigh* I really can't wait until the sequel!
The whole book is very enticing. I kept wanting to keep reading to find out more about the Everneath and the characters.
Recommended to everyone who loves the genre.

And don't you just love that cover? It's gorgeous!