bookfever

Bookfever

Delirium (Delirium Trilogy 1)

Delirium (Delirium #1) - Lauren Oliver Gosh, where to start... I didn't really get into this book right from the start. I had a hard time relating to Lena or even liking her. I liked her best friend Hana more. I thought she'd make a better heroine for the book. But as the book continued and a new character: Alex, was introduced, I felt the book pick up its pace a little. Nothing like a cute guy to make you pick the book up more and more. It wasn't until maybe about 10 chapters from the end I started loving the book. I even started liking Lena, because you can definitely see her change in the book. I love the whole concept of this dystopian world. That love is a disease. It's very interesting to read about and kinda scary too. There are a lot of twists in the book that made me gasp out loud and the end is just heart breaking. It made me want the second book really badly. Lucky for me it's already out. Now I just have to get my hands on it. In general this book is really worth reading. I have been reading a lot fo dystopian novels lately and can't stop myself from comparing them. I don't know which I like more, Divergent, Delirium or Matched... Anyway Delirium is a must-read!