bookfever

Bookfever

Awakened: Few Are Angels (Volume 2)

Awakened - Inger Iversen Copy received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

After reading the first book, Few Are Angels, I knew I had found something amazing, and now after finishing Awakened I'm even more excited about this series!

Receiving this book early had me dying to start it because I've been so excited ever since I finished Few Are Angels. I just couldn't wait to find out how this story was going to continue and what was going to happen to all the characters I've come to care for.

Awakened started out with a prologue. I love prologues, especially if they go way back and to start with such a great one was just awesome to me. That was the moment I was hooked. When we get to the present time Ella is missing. Kale, Jace, Alex and Mia are trying to come up with a plan to get her back, which isn't all that easy to do. In the meantime Ella is finding out that not everyone is who they seem to be...

Right from page one, I had a hard time stopping to read, even if it was in the middle of the night, because the story drew me in right away. I wanted to know where Ella was so I didn't stop reading until she appeared again.
The writing was really good. Fast-paced, witty, and sometimes heartbreaking. Just amazing, really.
I read Awakened in two days, which is really fast for me. I should've read slower but there just wasn't a way I could stop reading when I really got into it.
This book has multiple point of views. Sometimes it works for a book and sometimes it really doesn't because it could get confusing but that wasn't the case with Awakened. I LOVED reading not only about Ella but also about what the others in the meantime were doing. I can't say I had one favorite point of view that stuck out because they were all equally interesting to read.

New characters! Ah, how I love it when new characters are introduced. And I loved them all! Darke, Ana (though I am not sure if I like her anymore now...), Deacon, Tamsin, Servitto, Zed... but of course they didn't beat the familiar characters like Kale, Jace, Mia, Alex, Ella and of course Laurent (who's just so deliciously evil and manipulative).
There isn't that much romance in this book but the bit of it we got was so sweet and sexy. Kale is just sexy. I love him and I hope that he beats his struggle with la Luxure.
Another thing I loved was finding out more about this world full of immortals and Chorý.
And then there were also a lot of unexpected twist that were so nerve-wracking and just torturous... like what happened with Alex. Damn, I'm so scared for him! :s I freaked out so bad! But it wouldn't be as awesome if there weren't any twists like that. And that's why I love this story so much. You never know what's going to happen.

To say that I am excited for the next installment is an understatement. With everything that happened, especially on the end, *it was craaazy!*, I'll be for sure highly anticipating it.

Awakened is the perfect sequel to Few Are Angels. Not only did I read it in record time, I was sad to have it ended so soon. Fast-paced, funny, exciting and just plain wonderful, this book will leave you wanting so much more once in the end. I know it did for me.

~
~
Update 01/12/12

Wait, what... Expected publication: February 14th 2013? Really? :D

Wiiiiii! :D
That's not too long anymore! February is going to be the most awesome book month EVER!

I need more of this series and all the sexy guys! Kale, Jace, Laurent, Alex! oh my! ♥
Photobucket

I can't wait to read about what happened to Ella. It's been killing me every since the end of FAA! I need this book NOW! Ö

Update/
Saw the cover! It's aaaaawesome!
&&&&& read an excerpt! Just amazing! :D so damn excited now!