bookfever

Bookfever

To Catch a Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation)

To Catch A Vampire - Jennifer Harlow When I finished the first book in this series, "Mind Over Monsters", I knew I had found something truly amazing. I wanted to read the next book as soon as possible. Luckily for me it was available for requesting on NetGalley and soon I got it. I was beyond excited to start reading it and two days ago I finally did. And, boy, did I love it!

When I started To Catch A Vampire I was hooked right away again. For some unknown reason I liked Bea better in this book. I definitely liked this one better than Mind Over Monsters, partly because there was way more Oliver in it. It mostly was only him and Bea working on a case, which I loved. It was amazing!

Just like the first book the plot was very well written. I liked the mystery of the case and loved how Bea and Oliver had to go undercover and pretend to be a married couple. It's no secret that I adore Oliver. I mean, he's just so sweet to Bea and I feel like he totally understands her, but on the other hand is also dangerous because he's a vampire.
And also just like in Mind Over Monsters there was a surprise at the end that I once again didn't see coming. When you think it's over and done... Surprise! Something unexpected happens.
There wasn't much of the other characters in this one. Will was on vacation so he only made an appearance at the end but he was still a lot on Bea's mind. Not sure how I feel over that... One character I just hate is Bea's brother. He's so mean to her. I couldn't get that he'd say stuff like that to her. But anyway, I love this world builed up by Jennifer Harlow. I love the F.R.E.A.K.S. a lot. All their different powers are very fun to read about.
There was more romance in this book, which I really liked. Mostly it was between Bea and Oliver. I couldn't help but swoon. I loved their bickering too. So much sexual tension there! Enough gushing about Oliver now...
Another thing I love about these books is the vivid action. I can just see it in my head, playing like a movie. It's truly brilliant.

This book was just amazing, which shows in the fact that I read it in only 2 days! I can't wait for the next one. But I'm afraid I'll have to wait a while. Oh well, it's worth it!
I'm sure everyone who loves anything paranormal will be hooked by this book. The characters are all amazing. There's hot werewolves and vampires. A kickass heroine with awesome powers. Action and suspense where you can't predict what's going to happen or who might die! And some romance. What more do you want?