bookfever

Bookfever

Deity: The Third Covenant Novel

Deity - Jennifer L. Armentrout Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy freaking crap! I have no words for the awesomeness of this book. I have JUST finished it and I feel like screaming into a pillow. So much feelings inside me and not a way to get them out.
After finishing the previous book, Pure, I had no idea I would feel this way after Deity or how hard this book was going to be on me. I have a total different perspective of how I feel about this series. I'm not quite sure if that perspective is for the better or not. Time will tell!

I must say I wasn't instantly hooked with Deity when I first started it. The first few parts where rather slow and I felt like crying because normally I love any books by Jennifer L. Armentrout right away. Now I feel like it was just build-up to the earth-shattering events that were going to take place. Oh yeah, earth-shattering indeed!
But anyways... it wasn't until over the middle of this book that things started picking up. But that's just for me personally. Also it's the reason why I didn't rated it 5 stars. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Pure. But I'm so over that with how it ended...

Alex is awesome! I wasn't so sure about her in the first book but she's become a favorite heroine of mine very fast. I need more characters in Young Adult books like her, STAT! You hear that, you authors of whiny characters that dare to call them heroines? More ass-kicking girls please!
I also feel like she has grown a lot. She's really not the same girl we met in Half-Blood anymore. She's still reckless but I feel like she's not AS reckless as she used to be. And I know she would sacrifice herself if it meant she could save people. And that's a big part of why I like her so much.

The other characters were amazing too. Aiden. *sighs dreamily* Aiden St. Delphi. He has recaptured my heart. I wasn't his biggest fan. But god(s), I really like him now. I'm glad things finally picked up for him and Alex. Loved the romance. So perfect! Also I loved how at one point he was like, fuck it, we can do this. Only not in those words... :')
I loved how we saw more of Deacon, Aiden's brother too. He's so fun! Also love seeing him and Luke interacting together.
oh and Apollo. Hello new favorite character! I loved the scene where Alex and Apollo play scrabble. So damn funny! And dude, I swear the character of Apollo is stalking me in books and on tv. Anyway... SO didn't see that one coming. But oh how I reveled in this rather huge thing that was revealed. Can't say too much about it because I don't want to spoil things for others. Just read the book and you'll know.
Also another element that I loved so much were the gods. A couple of gods will show up in this one. I'm like, yes, finally, there they are! Just awesome!

And then we have Seth. My poor Seth. *sad face* People who are Team Seth are going to feel like they're dying inside with this book. I am not kidding. I felt so awful inside for everything happened with him. People warned me I wasn't going to be Team Seth anymore but I just dismissed it. I had a bad feeling though that something awful was going to happen Right from the start I kind of knew Seth wasn't who I thought he was. But this...
I can't believe I'm going to say this but people were right. After everything, I don't love him anymore. My heart does go out for him. But I can't believe the things he did. He went batshit crazy in a totally psychotic way. I do home things will work out for him in the end. I wish there to be hope for him still.

At the end when everything went into chaos I kept turning page after page, gasping, not believing all of this was happening. And really, it wasn't just the end that was shocking. A lot of things happened in this book. It was like, shock here, betrayal there. On and on and on. And then the final end, I wanted to just curl up and die. It's one of the biggest cliffhangers I have EVER read. It's so damn shocking but yet I am awed by Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing talent. Woman knows how to write a heart-pounding, exiciting book, dammit!

Deity is one of the best Jennifer L. Armentrout books I have ever read. So exciting, so amazing. Though it was slow at the start, I came to love it and even think it to be one of the best Covenant books yet. Even with a cliffhanger that'll make you lose sleep over!
Full of action, forbidden romance, a witty heroine and smexy heroes. The Covenant series is the one you have got to read as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed in the least!