bookfever

Bookfever

Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices)

Clockwork Princess  - Cassandra Clare My tears are barely dried after finishing Clockwork Princess before I'm starting to write this review. I simply cannot wait any longer!
The Infernal Devices was right from the start with Clockwork Angel one of my favorite book series. I even like it more than The Mortal Instruments. And now that I have finally read Clockwork Princess, finally because it took me SO long to get my hands on it, I can't help but feel like bowing down to Cassandra Clare's awesomeness. She's an amazing writer. I just love her!

I knew, I just knew this book was going to break my heart. Not many books have the ability to do so but Clockwork Princess did. Everyone around me, who had read it already told me as much so I tried preparing myself for it and failed so hard. It was more heartbreaking than ANYTHING I have read thus far. And yes, that's uncluding Sever by Lauren DeStefano where I was almost sobbing from the pain. Anyway... it is heartbreaking, but that doesn't mean it was a bad book, not at all. It's one of the most incredible books I have read yet. Definitely in my all-time top 5.

As always Cassandra's writing was excellent. I love the way she describes everything from a room, to people to feelings. She even made me cry. I'd forgotten why I love her books so much. It has been a while since I was in the Shadowhunter world and how I missed it! Everything about it always draws me in like almost no other book has the power to.

I love all the characters. Will, Jem, Tessa, Charlotte, Henry, Sophie, Gabriel, Gideon, Magnus, Cecily... They have been amazing to read about. And, gosh, all the things I know now. Especially with seeing the family tree at the end of the book. Fantastic!
I must say I didn't expect to like Cecily as much as I did. She reminds me so much of Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments. I'm not sure if that just me or if there are other people feeling the same way but I definitely got an Isabelle feel to her. Which was awesome! I also adore Gabriel when he's with her. Oh, Gabriel, how much he's changed. He went through a lot in this book too. They all did, really.
And... Will and Jem. Jem and Will. I love them both so much. I cared for them. I cried for them. They will always be in my heart. *starts sobbing again*
I need to do a big shout out for Magnus. He was in my eyes a huge part of this book and we learn so much more about him and The Mortal Instruments series (even about Church)! and so much more. He's one of my favorite characters ever, if not THE favorite and I simply can't wait to read his Bane Chronicles.

You know how they call Harry, Ron and Hermione the golden trio in Harry Potter? Well, Will, Jem and Tessa are my golden trio from The Infernal Devices. They all love each other so much and when the heartbreaking things were happening I felt so for them all. They're amazing characters and I'm so sad to see them go. (Unless some of them will appear in The Mortel Instruments?!)
The whole plot with Mortmain and the shit hitting the fan was awesome. I love action in a book and besides all the personal drama in pretty much everyone's lives in Clockwork Princess, there was also the danger of the magister and his infernal devices. I do love how he finally revealed what Tessa really was and how everything around her came to be.

I can't express enough how freaking tough this book is for the heart. Sometimes I just wanted to curl up and die but I had to keep reading on. A lot of unexpected twists and "No! This can't be!" moments didn't prepare me for that last chapter and epilogue. So sad, but I do feel like it was really needed. That end! Oh my god! Some of you may know that I absolutely hate epilogues because they make my heart ache. But I loved this one. It was so beautiful and I couldn't believe what was happening in them. SO MUCH FEELS!

With all these emotions running through me still, I have probably many more thoughts that I can't simply put in this review. I feel like I should say so much more but there isn't a way I can.
Clockwork Princess was a beautiful book. The book was awfully tough to read for my heart, which kept aching for Will, Jem and all the others. The book was exciting, romantic, more amazing than I could've hoped for. So thank you, Cassandra Clare, thank you so much for The Infernal Devices series, they have made me really happy to have been able to read them.
A very deserved 5 star read! <3