bookfever

Bookfever

The Collector (Dante Walker)

The Collector - Victoria Scott So. I've been eagerly expecting this book for months. Preordered it way months ahead because I wanted to be sure I'd get it. I felt like I needed to know what all the fuss about Dante Walker was. I mean, his name alone screams awesome! So I'm really glad this book and Dante did love up to my expectations.

Dante Walker. Do I have to say more? "He makes good girls... bad." Only that catchphrase alone is enough to make me swoon. This guy is like all of the popular hot, cocky, amazing guys from YA, like Daemon Black, Jace Wayland, Adrian Ivashkov, etc... combined. BUT The Dante is his own character all the same. There's no one like him and I doubt there will ever be one like him again. Like he said in the book, "he's got swag for days". Ain't that the truth!
He's the reason I kept on reading and reading.

I could go on and on about Dante Walker but he's not the only reason why I liked this book so much. You know, I'm usually not at all for angel/demon books. Mostly I really dislike them like say, Hush Hush or Sweet Evil but I really did like The Collector. I love the originality and the idea of Collectors and Liberators. So good! + male point of view will ALWAYS score points with me. I loved it!
I must also say, that it has been a joy reading this because lately with the books I've been reading after a while it turned into a drag but not with The Collector. Victoria Scott's writing was so totally awesome and fastpaced, every time I picked it up I read for a long time and never got bored.

I loved the side characters. My favorites were Max and Valery. Big love for them. And awww the cuteness there. I won't say anything else about it, I don't want to say too much. I probably already did though but just love, man. Love!
But really all of the side characters were great. Even when the story revolved around Dante and Charlie they made it extra cool. And can I just say I loved the way Annabelle and Blue were dressed for Halloween. If you read the book, you'll know what I'm talking about!

The romance was so surprising! I mean, I knew it was coming but I couldn't predict how. Charlie didn't start out as the most beautiful girl ever like most YA girls are. And yet I could slowly see Dante starting to like her more and more. No insta-love here. Thank god!
My favorite thing ever was how you can see Dante slowly changing (for the better). Charlie is so good for him. She brings out the best in him and I love him all the more for how in the he would sacrifice his life for hers. Beautiful romance!

Only slightly negative thing I can say is that I didn't like Charlie from the start. She was too good and pure and I was wondering how in the world Dante would be able to corrupt that girl but when I got to know her better I started to like her more, especially in the end. She got some courage!
So that's why it got 4 stars instead of 5 + I'm still not all to happy about an angel/demon book. I'll probably never will be. But oh well... it was good enough even so.

The end, oh my god the end. One of the best, nerve-wrecking endings ever, I swear! I was totally caught up in the danger and action and there were some serious twists there. Stuff I hadn't seem coming at all. Gotta love that in books! So yeah, I was pretty hooked on this book and Dante.
Can't wait for the next book!

The Collector by Victoria Scott is one amazingly surprising book covered in Awesome Sauce. A hot hero to make all girls melt into puddles of nothing but fangirlness but also lots of action and turn of events to keep the readers on their toes. If I were you I'd keep an eye on Victoria Scott's books. I'm sure this new YA author will dazzle us more in the future with her books.