bookfever

Bookfever

DARK LOVER (BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD SERIES)

Dark Lover  - J.R. Ward So Dark Lover got picked (by random. org) in the monthly meme "Random Reads" at I'm Loving Books.
I was really glad this one got picked because I've heard so much great things about this series and it's been on my shelf for a year almost. Shame on me.
I didn't know what to expect with this book, except vampires. More than that I didn't need to know. I love almost any vamp book or series.
Starting it I was hooked immediately and after chapter 19 or so I simply couldn't stop reading. Dark Lover had a lot of POVs. But it didn't confuse me as it sometimes does with other books. For this one it really worked. I liked Wrath, Beth and Butch's POVs the best, which brings me to the characters. They were amazing. Especially the brotherhood. All of them were unique and had a different story to them. So I can't wait to read some of the other books. (Already have #2 & #3 in order. ^^)
The story itself was really fast paced for me with lots of action, romance and suspense with a nice twist on the vampire myth for a change. It kept me on edge until the very end. Chapter 54 is one of the big reason I want to continue this series to see how it will go on. Normally I don't like epilogues for some reason, but I really liked this one. A very nice ending for an awesome book.
Definitely recommended to everyone who loves vampires or paranormal romance.