bookfever

Bookfever

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 3)

Lover Awakened - J.R. Ward Best book in the series so far I've read.
Ever since I discovered this series in April, I was looking forward to reading Lover Awakened because it's mainly about Zsadist. I've been fascinated by him from the start. Right from the start I felt I had to know more about him and his complex personality. And boy, it didn't disappoint! I loved finding out more about Z's terrible past in the flashbacks we got.
Bella already got introduced in the previcous book, Lover Eternal. I liked her from the start and I loved how she and Zsadist met. But now that Bella is kidnapped by the lessers he's even more pissed off than he usual is. He just wants to find her even is she's dead. Luckily she wasn't. And so their relationship really starts off. I simply love them as a couple. This book had so many more emotion for me. The way Zsadist wanted to keep Bella away but on the other hand he couldn't stay away from her. He doesn't think he's worthy for her. While Bella doesn't see him at all like he sees him. Their romance was the most amazing ever. The end was just the cutest!

I also loved reading more about Phury, John and Butch. Definitely looking forward to Butch and Marissa's story in the next book.
One negative thing if I can say this. I missed Rhage so much. It was like he wasn't around at all. Only a time or two. Oh well...
At time I felt like crying and screaming at the book. So. Many. Emotions.
But nonetheless this book was epic. Zsadist is epic. And still my favorite brother.

~Favorite quote~

"I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came... and I was awakened."