bookfever

Bookfever

Unravel Me

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi Holy crap.

So. I loved Shatter Me. Like a lot of people I loved the originality of the story and the writing. There was a lot of buzz around this book and I was one of those people who really loved it. I remember I read it really fast too. So of course no doubt that I would be reading the next book.

And now, finally, Unravel Me came out and when it arrived I couldn't really believe I finally could touch and actually read it. I really had no expectations. Well, I mean, of course I'd hoped it would be as good as the previous book but mostly sequals aren't as good as the first book, right? So I didn't want to get my hopes up. But... I was completely and utterly blown away by this book. Like, tornado style blown away. It was SO SO SO SO SO good. More than that, really. It's now my favorite book I've read so far in 2013. So I'm really happy to say that I loved Unravel Me even more than Shatter Me so that's saying a lot! Not only that, she also has written some of my all-time favorite characters... :D

Man, oh man, Juliette, she's such an interesting character to follow. Though she has to stop breaking my poor Warner's heart! When Shatter Me ended it seemed like she'd found her place at Omega Point but Unravel Me starts with Juliette having kind of crawled back in her shell of self-pity and doubt and angst. But slowly and surely she makes her way back out and turnes into one kick-ass lady, discovering the through extend of her powers.
Her relationship with Adam is continuing in Omega Point but when Adam discovers his power and what it contains and reveals, Juliette has made a heart-wreching decision that made me, although I'm not the biggest Adam fan, sad.
I felt really bad for Adam in this book. What the poor guy has had to go through and what he discovers. I can tell you right now there's some unexpected twist in here that'll kill you were you stand. It sure gave me some heart attacks!
And then we have Warner. My beautiful broken Warner. My love for him has grown. Is that even possible? After Destroy Me I thought I really knew the extend of Warner's feelings but boy, was I wrong. Warner feels so deeply, you don't even know the half how deeply. Also we finally learn his name! I was so happy when I found out! And dude, all I can say is: Chaper 62! ^^
I'm usually not the biggest fan of love triangles by Tahereh does an awfully good job at them. But Juliette should just go for Warner, is my opinion. lol. They just have it all together. The chemistry. God! But moving on now...
In Shatter Me we already met Kenji. Kenji, oh, Kenji. I fell in love with him in this book. He doesn't top Warner but you just can't help but love Kenji. Beneath all the jokes and stuff I know there's some pain inside. There has to be with what he went through as a kid. So I hope we find out a little more about him in the next book. And also, I love the almost father/son relationship he has with Castle. Makes me smile.

This book was simply perfection. The only thing that bothered me was how Juliette in the beginning was pitying herself a lot and she did nothing else than making out with Adam. But she quickly recovered from that.
I just need the next book so badly. I want to know what's going to happen to them all next. If the next book will be half as good as Unravel Me, I'll be one happy girl.

Unravel Me has it all. Heartpounding action, intense romance, drama and the most unexpected twists I've seen in YA fiction so far. Tahereh Mafi's way with words, her writing, is so magnificent. It was almost impossible to stop reading. The unique writing style was chaotic and rambled but in an astonishingly beautiful way. Bravo, Ms. Mafi, bravo!